MTB routes around Triglav Area

Post your international queries here.

MTB routes around Triglav Area

OdgovorNapisal/-a misaxxx » 03 Maj 2010 12:07

Dear bikers, I am going to visit Triglav area as climber and also biker at the end of may 2010.
I want to cycle/travel from Villach to Kranjska Gora and do biking around Triglav...it means K.Gora,Bove,Bohinj.
Any suggestions for really nice bike trails even single trails...It can be also very difficult grade.
I found trip called Bihinjskij Masakr...Also what would be best time to visit this area? I am planing trip to the end of may...but worry about snow in higher location in Mountains...Also any tips where to sleep/good recommendation? I found some hostels and also camps...
Pls for help or other tips (h.o.c.k(at)seznam.cz). BB Michael from Czech Republic....
misaxxx
član

Re: MTB routes around Triglav Area

OdgovorNapisal/-a misaxxx » 03 Maj 2010 13:48

I forgot...also any tips for nice XC Marathon in may..or even in june?
misaxxx
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a MarE » 03 Maj 2010 15:34

I think "Bohinjski masakr" at the end of may is no-go due to heavy snow fall this winter.
Uporabniški avatar
MarE
Obuti MarE

Kraj: ... ..... ....- -- - -...

OdgovorNapisal/-a misaxxx » 05 Maj 2010 11:39

You have right..it is just for example...but Id like to know what time from now is to make this trip possible and don´t afraid of the snow?
misaxxx
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a urbe » 05 Maj 2010 12:43

Snih zmizi z vyšših poloh asi koncem kvetna — ale zaleži na počasi.
No, na Bohinjski masakr mužež klidne zapomenout koncem kvetna, nahore bude ješte určite snih. Ale mužež se svest na Vršič, Tromeja, Golica, možna už Trupejevo poldne …
Pomembna je dolžina, ne tehnika!
Uporabniški avatar
urbe
OZNA sve dozna

Kraj: Mesto muzej

OdgovorNapisal/-a misaxxx » 07 Maj 2010 09:36

Urbe thanx...have you any gps logs? Not for Vršič...it is easy find on the map but for others.
I decided to change plan and go for trip at the beginning of june because of the snow.
Accommodation probably I take hostels and apartments -+12-15EU and camps 6-7eu is the goog solution...have you any recommendation for that?
Can anybody look at the pictures..First rjavojezero..there is some path to the hut besides the Rjavo jezero..can get trough?
Also from Kmsko jezero to the right?
Priponke
rjavojezero.jpg
misaxxx
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a misaxxx » 07 Maj 2010 09:38

Kmsko jezero
Priponke
kmskojezero.jpg
misaxxx
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a brrr » 23 Maj 2010 09:14

i guess it's not too late, so you can find many nice tracks on this page: http://www.mobile-adventures.net/ture/k ... enija.html
it's in slovenian language, but i guess it won't be much of a problem for you. click gorenjska and you can select tours on map. click on link and you get description, GPS map and tour profile. i hope it will help.
brrr
član

Vrni se na Mountain biking, Slovenia style

Kdo je na strani

Uporabniki, ki brskajo po tem forumu: Google [Bot]