Born to ride...! and looking for riding buddies.

Post your international queries here.

Born to ride...! and looking for riding buddies.

OdgovorNapisal/-a Zoef » 15 Maj 2012 14:58

Hello MTB friends. I am moving from Switzerland to Slovenia and am looking for friends to ride with. My riding style is All Mountain and DH with a preference for technical single track...Shredding trail :-)

I am planning to bring two of my bikes to Slovenia; a Niner WFO and Santa Cruz Driver 8. I am looking for a group / friends to regularly ride with afterwork and during weeks. I am a good bike mechanic....so happy to help fix your bike and a good navigator as well.

If you want to see who I am look at the Niner Facebook page photo album: Postcard from the Alps.\

Looking forward meeting new riding friends!
Cheers, Joest.
Priponke
_AXB0121_2.jpg
Zoef
član

Re: Born to ride...! and looking for riding buddies.

OdgovorNapisal/-a Tzuli » 15 Maj 2012 15:49

Which city are you moving to? Ljubljana?
On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.
Uporabniški avatar
Tzuli
What, me worry?

OdgovorNapisal/-a Zoef » 16 Maj 2012 13:50

Yes, Ljubljana...not sure where I am going to life yet. What is the best place to life...and close to the trails?
Zoef
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a Tzuli » 16 Maj 2012 15:33

Best place to live. Hmmm, if you pick a downtown location (city center) you are somehow close to Golovec (a hill practically in the city center) and have a good proximity of flowy rides and the city center. If you decide to go somewhere closer to Rašica (another hill) you are more on the city outskirts, have a bit more options regarding trails but not much is going on there regarding night life.

So take your pick. And to put things more into perspective, outside rush hour, the travel time with a car between two farthest points of Ljubljana doesn't take more than 25 minutes. :) It is not that big of a city unless you are coming from Grindelwald. :)
On the internet you can be anything you want.

It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid.
Uporabniški avatar
Tzuli
What, me worry?

OdgovorNapisal/-a ZigaK » 16 Maj 2012 19:15

Today it took me 25 minutes to almost get from Leclerc to the nearest intersection = around 200 meters. Just to put things in to perspective :)
Rush hour in Lj = 13:30 - 18:00
I would be able to pick off any of them. All of them. No problem.
Uporabniški avatar
ZigaK
15° čeh

Kraj: KrG - Litija

OdgovorNapisal/-a Zoef » 19 Maj 2012 18:29

Great input! Thanks...I guess I will have to find my way a bit. Are there any groups riding frequently? What are the best topographic maps. I used to find my way well with 1:25.000 maps in Switzerland. I believe they have the same in Slovenia, don't they?
Zoef
član

OdgovorNapisal/-a bikerx » 24 Maj 2012 15:18

Zoef napisal/-a:Great input! Thanks...I guess I will have to find my way a bit. Are there any groups riding frequently? What are the best topographic maps. I used to find my way well with 1:25.000 maps in Switzerland. I believe they have the same in Slovenia, don't they?

try this

http://www.geopedia.si/
Uporabniški avatar
bikerx
član

Kraj: Maribor

OdgovorNapisal/-a bostjand » 07 Jun 2012 21:33

hi,

look for location....depending where you will work :D
if you will be a freelancer, than is the best place to stay Crnuce, good price for renting and close to Rasica which is on of best places for riding in Ljubljana.
bostjand
član

Vrni se na Mountain biking, Slovenia style

Kdo je na strani

Uporabniki, ki brskajo po tem forumu: 0 registriranih uporabnikov